Do Khyentse Yeshe Dorje Series
Tibetan Masters › Do Khyentse Yeshe Dorje
English (7) | Deutsch (3) | Español (3) | Français (3) | Italiano (1) | Nederlands (1) | 中文 (1) | བོད་ཡིག (7)
Courtesy of Himalayan Art Resources
- Jalü Dorje
- Traktung Lekyi Pawo
From the protector of beings Changchup Dorjé,
You who received and realized the essential instructions on ripening and liberation,
Supremely victorious, glorious master of crazy wisdom,
Yeshé Dorjé, at your feet I pray!
A series of texts associated with the treasure-revealer Do Khyentse Yeshe Dorje (mdo mkhyen brtse ye shes rdo rje, 1800–1866), renowned as the 'mind emanation' of Jigme Lingpa:
- The Truthful Words of a Sage: An Aspiration Prayer from the Exceedingly Secret, Enlightened Heart-Essence of the Ḍākinī | Aspiration Prayers
This aspiration prayer forms the conclusion of The Exceedingly Secret, Enlightened Heart-Essence (yang gsang mkha' 'gro'i thugs thig) revelation and thus is said to be the words of Pema Tötrengtsel (Mighty Lotus Skull-Garland, i.e., Padmasambhava) himself.
- Heart of Vajrasattva—The Heart of Confession, the King of Purification Practices, from 'The Immaculate Secret Vajrasattva' | Confession
This popular confessional liturgy, revealed as a terma (gter ma) by Do Khyentse Yeshe Dorje, is structured around the short six-syllable mantra of Vajrasattva, oṃ vajra sattva hūṃ.
Guru Rinpoche Prayers
This very short prayer to the three kāyas, the dharmakāya Amitābha, sambhogakāya Avalokiteśvara and nirmāṇakāya Guru Padmasambhava, for 'clearing obstacles from the path' (bar chad lam sel) was composed by the treasure-revealer Do Khyentse Yeshe Dorje.
- The Lightning Bolt of Compassion: A Short Prayer that Spontaneously Fulfils All Wishes (Sampa Lhundrupma) | Guru Rinpoche Prayers
The famous tertön (gter ston) Do Khyentse Yeshe Dorje wrote this brief prayer to Guru Padmasambhava Tötreng Tsal for the spontaneous fulfilment of wishes (bsam pa lhun grub) at the request of his consort and son.
A verse supplication to the lineage of the Natural Liberation of Grasping (Dzinpa Rangdrol), a famous cycle of Chöd (gcod) practice revealed by Do Khyentse Yeshe Dorje (1800–1866).
- The Hook Which Invokes the Blessings: A Supplication to the Life and Liberation of Rigdzin Jalü Dorje | Biography
This biographical prayer to Do Khyentse Yeshe Dorje was written by the master himself at the request of a king (sa dbang), most likely Namkha Lhundrup of Trokyap.
- The Recitation for the Gradual Path of the Preliminaries from The Exceedingly Secret, Enlightened Heart-Essence of the Ḍākinī | Ngöndro
This liturgy for the preliminary practices, or ngöndro (sngon 'gro), of Do Khyentse's terma revelation Yangsang Khandrö Tuktik, 'The Exceedingly Secret, Enlightened Heart-Essence of the Ḍākinī', includes the common, outer practices of contemplation and the main, inner preliminaries of taking refuge, generating bodhicitta, offering the maṇḍala, purifying obscurations through Vajrasattva, and guru yoga.