A series of lineage prayers (brgyud 'debs):
This famous prayer to the masters of the Kagyü (bka' brgyud) school by the 15th century master Jampal Zangpo remains popular to this day. More than just a simple supplication to the lineage, it also incorporates an instruction on Mahāmudrā meditation.
- A Constant Stream of Blessings: A Prayer to the Eight Supreme Vidyādharas of India by Dodrupchen Jigme Trinle Özer
- The Source of Accomplishment, the Fruit of the Two-Fold Truth—A Prayer to the Wisdom Ḍākinī Dechen Gyalmo by Dodrupchen Jigme Trinle Özer
- A Prayer to Kindle the Three Faiths, Addressed to the Seventeen Great Paṇḍitas of Glorious Nālandā by Fourteenth Dalai Lama
His Holiness himself identified seventeen of the most paṇḍitas associated with Nālandā Monastery (Nāgārjuna, Āryadeva, Buddhapālita, Bhāvaviveka, Candrakīrti, Śāntideva, Śāntarakṣita, Kamalaśīla, Asaṅga, Vasubandhu, Dignāga, Dharmakīrti, Ārya Vimuktisena, Haribhadra, Guṇaprabha, Śākyaprabha and Atiśa) and commissioned a thangka (scroll painting) depicting them. He then composed this prayer to accompany the image in 2001.
A lineage prayer for the Accomplishing the Land of Great Bliss (bde chen zhing sgrub) cycle of practices based on the original Namchö (gnam chos) revelation of Tertön Mingyur Dorje (1645–1667) and compiled by Karma Chakme (1613–1678).
A lineage prayer for the practice of Chimé Phakmé Nyingtik ('chi med 'phags ma'i snying thig), the Heart-Essence of the Deathless Noble Tārā, a revelation of Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo which is associated with longevity.
- The Flower of Faith: A Prayer to the Twenty-Five Founders of Buddha's Teachings in Tibet by Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo
- The Garland of Utpala Flowers: A Prayer to the Masters of the Lineage of Zabtik Drolchok by Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo
This prayer to the masters of the lineage of explanation for Bodhicaryāvatāra, from Patrul Rinpoche back through the generations as far as Śāntideva, and before him to Buddha Śākyamuni and Mañjuśrī, is also an aspiration to take the central message of the text to heart.
- A Stream of Blessing: Verses of Supplication to the Accomplished Holders of Mantra who Gained Realization in this Snowy Land of Tibet by Tashi Tobgyal
- The Swift Infusion of Blessings: A Lineage Prayer for the Single Mind Kīla Heart-Practice, Part of the 'Neck Pouch Dagger’ (Purba Gulkhukma) Cycle by Fourteenth Dalai Lama