Sera Khandro Series
Photo courtesy of Christina Monson
- Dewé Dorje
- Kunzang Chönyi Wangmo
- Sukhavajra (Sukha Badzra)
- Üza Khandro
Magical emanation of triumphant noble females –
Dewé Dorje – to you I pray!
With your care in this life, future lives and in the bardo,
May our wishes be accomplished according to the Dharma.
Texts by and associated with Sera Khandro Kunzang Dekyong Wangmo (se ra mkha' 'gro kun bzang bde skyong dbang mo, 1892–1940), the famous treasure-revealer:
- The Excellent Path of Devotion: An Abridged Story of a Mendicant’s Experiences in Response to Questions from Vajra Kin | Biographies
Sera Khandro composed this verse autobiography, which is suitable for daily recitation, in 1929, two years after completing a longer, more detailed account of her life. As with many other biographical works in the Tibetan tradition, the story is itself a Dharma teaching, demonstrating the importance of following one’s heart, persevering in the face of difficulties, and cultivating complete trust and devotion
- Burgeoning Benefit and Happiness: An Aspiration to be Reborn in the Land of Turquoise Leaves revealed by Sera Khandro | Tārā
- A Concise Meditation and Mantra Recitation of Sarasvatī from the Heart Essence of the Ḍākinī of Suchness (Chönyi Khandrö Tuktik) revealed by Sera Khandro | Sarasvatī
- The Profound Bestowal of Blessings: A Sādhana of Dorje Drolö from the Reality Ḍākinīs' Secret Treasury (Chönyi Khandrö Sangdzö) revealed by Sera Khandro | Dorje Drolö
This Dorje Drolö sādhana from Sera Khandro's Dharmatā Ḍākinis' Secret Treasury (chos nyid mkha' 'gro gsang mdzod) cycle includes visualization and mantra recitiation, as well as an additional activity rite.
This song of amazement originates in a vision that Sera Khandro had while staying in retreat at Nyimalung in Amdo at the age of twenty-nine. The text is her response to the spirits and demons who appeared to her, asking what she was doing.