Dodrupchen Jigme Trinle Özer Series
Courtesy of Terton Sogyal Trust
Empowered by Padmasambhava, omniscient in past, present and future,
As master over the profound treasures, universal king of Dharma,
The reincarnation of Sangyé Lingpa, you who follow a hidden way,
Kunzang Shyenpen, at your feet I pray!
Texts by the First Dodrupchen, Jigme Trinle Özer (rdo grub ’jigs med phrin las 'od zer, 1745–1821), who was also known as Kunzang Shenpen (kun bzang gzhan phan):
A brief text for making offerings to the dharma protectors, especially Ekajaṭī, Gönpo Maning, Vajrasādhu (alias Dorje Lekpa), Rāhula, Durtrö Lhamo (Goddess of the Charnel Ground), Tseringma and the sisters of long-life and Dorje Yudrönma (Goddess of the Turquoise Lamp).
Guru Rinpoche Prayers
- A Constant Stream of Blessings: A Prayer to the Eight Supreme Vidyādharas of India | Lineage Prayers
- The Source of Accomplishment, the Fruit of the Twofold Truth: A Prayer to the Wisdom Ḍākinī Dechen Gyalmo | Lineage Prayers
- The Excellent Path to Omniscience: The Dzogchen Preliminary Practice of Longchen Nyingtik arranged by Dodrupchen Jigme Trinle Özer | Ngöndro
The root text of the outer and inner preliminary (ngöndro) practices from the Longchen Nyingtik, compiled by the First Dodrupchen, Jigme Trinle Özer, based on the original revelation of Jigme Lingpa and other sources.
- The Excellent Path to Perfect Liberation: A Guidance Practice (Nedren) for the Dukngal Rangdrol (Natural Liberation of Suffering) Practice of the Great Compassionate One from the Longchen Nyingtik | Longchen Nyingtik
This 'guidance' or nedren (gnas 'dren) practice is intended to help guide the deceased to enlightenment by purifying the various realms of saṃsāra and granting empowerment. It belongs to the Natural Liberation of Suffering (sdug bsngal rang grol) set of Avalokiteśvara practices, which, in turn, are part of the Longchen Nyingtik revelation.
- The Source of Abundant Merit: A Feast-Offering for the Secret Practice of the Great Compassionate One, Natural Liberation of Suffering from The Heart-Essence of the Vast Expanse | Longchen Nyingtik
This text contains all the recitations required for the practice of tsethar, freeing animals or ransoming their lives; it includes the aspiration that they may be freed from sickness, harmful influences and fears, and ultimately attain perfect liberation and omniscience.
- Beautiful Garland of Flowers: A Brief Prayer to the Successive Incarnations of Dzogchenpa Changchub Dorje | Prayers
This prayer to the chain of successive emanations (skye phreng gsol 'debs) of the First Dodrupchen was written by the master himself and includes a verse that famously prophesies his subsequent incarnation as Jigme Puntsok Jungné (1824–1863).
- Highway of the Great Yoga: A Daily Practice for the Peaceful and Wrathful Deities of the Self-Liberated Wisdom Mind | Sādhanas
This short daily practice of the peaceful and wrathful deities (zhi khro) takes the famous treasure revelations of the tertön Karma Lingpa (b. 14th C.) as its basis and is widely used within the Longchen Nyingtik tradition.