Deities › Vajrasattva
Courtesy of Himalayan Art Resources
You are the primordial awareness of skilful means—the indestructible state beyond all concepts,
Realized in the nature of the Great Mother, transcendental wisdom free from any reference,
Displaying your compassion, in all its variety, in every kind of way—
O Great Vajrasattva, to you I pay homage!
A series of texts related to the deity Vajrasattva (rdo rje sems dpa'):
- Heart of Vajrasattva—The Heart of Confession, the King of Purification Practices, from 'The Immaculate Secret Vajrasattva' by Do Khyentse Yeshe Dorje
Part of the Longchen Nyingtik cycle, this Vajrasattva guru yoga is entitled 'Cultivating the Pure Realm of Abhirati (or Manifest Joy)' but is often known simply as 'Dorsem Ngön-ga' (Abhirati Vajrasattva). It includes all the standard elements of visualization, offering, mantra recitation and receiving empowerment.
- A Shower of Great Bliss: A Lineage Prayer for the Guru Yoga based on Vajrasattva by Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo
- A Method of Purifying Samaya Violations by Relying on the Glorious Guru Vajrasattva by Mipham Rinpoche
- Wish-Granting Provision of Twofold Accomplishment: A Praise of Vajrasattva by Jamyang Khyentse Chökyi Lodrö
Khyentse Rinpoche composed this simple sādhana of Vajrasattva by adapting a section of the Tukdrup Sheldam Nyingjang (thugs sgrub zhal gdams snying byang), the root text of the Barche Kunsel revelation of Chokgyur Dechen Lingpa.
- The Cintāmaṇi (Wish-Fulfilling Jewel) Instruction: A Sādhana of the Glorious Vajrasattva, a Method of Purification and Accomplishment for Both Self and Others by Khenchen Jigme Phuntsok
This short Vajrasattva sādhana, which incorporates the four powers as a means of purifying negative actions, obscurations and breakages of samaya, was composed spontaneously in April 1997. The translation also includes additional verses for refuge, bodhicitta, dedication and aspiration, as recited in Larung Gar.