Fourth Dodrupchen Rinpoche Series
Courtesy of Terton Sogyal Trust
Texts by and about the Fourth Dodrupchen Rinpoche, Tupten Trinlé Palzangpo (thub bstan phrin las dpal bzang po, 1927–2022) alias Jigme Trinlé Palbar ('jigs med phrin las dpal 'bar):
Long Life Prayers
- Consecrating the Vase for the Practice of the Great Compassionate One, Natural Liberation of Suffering (Dukngal Rangdrol) | Longchen Nyingtik
This vase consecration, which is necessary when performing the guidance practice (nedren) according to the Dukngal Rangdrol cycle, appears in a recent compilation of Dukngal Rangdrol material published by Dodrupchen Monastery, Sikkim.
Swift Rebirth Prayers
- A Prayer for the Swift Return of the Fourth Kyabje Dodrupchen Rinpoche by Shechen Rabjam Rinpoche | Swift Rebirth Prayers
A two-verse prayer for the swift reincarnation of the Fourth Dodrupchen Rinpoche (1927–2022), which Rabjam Rinpoche wrote by adapting the words of a prayer previously composed by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.
- Prayer for Swift Rebirth of the Fourth Dodrupchen Rinpoche by Alak Zenkar Rinpoche | Swift Rebirth Prayers
- Prayer for Swift Rebirth of the Fourth Dodrupchen Rinpoche, Tupten Trinlé Palzangpo by Fifth Dodrupchen Rinpoche | Swift Rebirth Prayers
- Prayer for the Swift Rebirth of Dodrupchen Rinpoche by Fourteenth Dalai Lama | Swift Rebirth Prayers
Nuptul Tenpei Nyima put together these two verses—the first by Dodrupchen Rinpoche himself and the second adapted from a long-life prayer by Dudjom Rinpoche (1904–1987)—to create a prayer for his root guru's swift return.
- Transference: Enlightenment Without Meditation (Compilation) compiled by the Fourth Dodrupchen Rinpoche | Transference
This arrangement integrates the Longchen Nyingtik's practice of transference, or phowa, with elements from the same tradition's preliminary practices. The text was first compiled for the sake of new retreatants at Serdrang Monastery in Nepal.
- The Lotus Garland: A Short Feast-Offering for the Female Practice of the Heart Essence of the Vast Expanse | Longchen Nyingtik