A series of lineage prayers (brgyud 'debs):
This supplication to the gurus of the lineage of transmission for Śāntideva's classic text down to Kunga Zangpo himself includes a request for the inspiration and blessings required to perfect the bodhisattva path.
This prayer to the masters of the lineage of explanation for Bodhicaryāvatāra, from Patrul Rinpoche back through the generations as far as Śāntideva, and before him to Buddha Śākyamuni and Mañjuśrī, is also an aspiration to take the central message of the text to heart.
- Vines of Amṛta: A Prayer to the Lineage of the Bodhicaryāvatāra by Rago Choktrul Tupten Shedrup Gyatso
Chimé Pakmé Nyingtik
A lineage prayer for the practice of Chimé Pakmé Nyingtik ('chi med 'phags ma'i snying thig), the Heart-Essence of the Deathless Noble Tārā, a revelation of Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo which is associated with longevity.
- The Lineage Prayer for the Natural Liberation of Grasping (Dzinpa Rangdrol) by Do Khyentse Yeshe Dorje
- A Constant Stream of Blessings: A Prayer to the Eight Supreme Vidyādharas of India by Dodrupchen Jigme Trinle Özer
This famous prayer to the masters of the Kagyü (bka' brgyud) school by the 15th century master Jampal Zangpo remains popular to this day. More than just a simple supplication to the lineage, it also incorporates an instruction on Mahāmudrā meditation.
- Supplication to the Lineage of the Heart Essence of the Vast Expanse compiled by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
A collection of short prayers to all the key figures in the lineage of the Heart Essence of the Vast Expanse (Longchen Nyingtik) compiled by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche for regular recitation in conjunction with any practice from the Longchen Nyingtik cycle.
In these addenda to the standard lineage prayer for Longchen Nyingtik (klong chen snying thig), which is known as The Continuous Shower of Blessings, Jamyang Khyentse highlights two versions of the lineage received by Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo: the full transmission from Khenpo Pema Vajra and the transmission of realization from Jigme Gyalwe Nyugu.
- A Shower of Great Bliss: A Lineage Prayer for the Guru Yoga based on Vajrasattva by Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo
- Source of Magnificent Blessing: A Prayer to the Lineage of the Secret Practice of the Great Compassionate One, Natural Liberation of Suffering by Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo
- The Continuous Shower of Blessings: A Prayer to the Lineage of the Great Perfection’s Heart-Essence of the Vast Expanse (Dzogpachenpo Longchen Nyingtik) revealed by Jigme Lingpa
A prayer invoking the lineage masters of Absé Lumorab (a bse klu mo rab), a Nyingma monastery in Nyarong, founded by Tertön Rangrik Dorjé in 1896. The monastery shares a close connection with Mindroling. Supplementary lines were later added by Jampal Dewé Nyima and Khyentsé Norbu (1904–1968).
- The Healing Medicine of Faith: A Prayer to the Lineage of the Peaceful Sādhana of Mañjuśrī by Khenchen Jigme Phuntsok
A lineage prayer for the Accomplishing the Land of Great Bliss (bde chen zhing sgrub) cycle of practices based on the original Namchö (gnam chos) revelation of Tertön Mingyur Dorje (1645–1667) and compiled by Karma Chakme (1613–1678).
- A Stream of Blessing: Verses of Supplication to the Accomplished Holders of Mantra who Gained Realization in this Snowy Land of Tibet by Tashi Tobgyal
Parting from the Four Attachments
- Supplement to the Omniscient Ngorchen Kunga Zangpo’s Prayer to the Lineage of Parting from the Four Attachments by Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo
A prayer to the lineage of masters who held the instructions for the famous four-line teaching from the Buddha and Mañjuśrī down to Ngorchen's own guru, Sharchen Yeshe Gyaltsen (shar chen ye shes rgyal mtshan, 1359–1406).
- The Flower of Faith: A Prayer to the Twenty-Five Founders of Buddha's Teachings in Tibet by Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo
- A Prayer to Kindle the Three Faiths, Addressed to the Seventeen Great Paṇḍitas of Glorious Nālandā by Fourteenth Dalai Lama
His Holiness himself identified seventeen of the most paṇḍitas associated with Nālandā Monastery (Nāgārjuna, Āryadeva, Buddhapālita, Bhāvaviveka, Candrakīrti, Śāntideva, Śāntarakṣita, Kamalaśīla, Asaṅga, Vasubandhu, Dignāga, Dharmakīrti, Ārya Vimuktisena, Haribhadra, Guṇaprabha, Śākyaprabha and Atiśa) and commissioned a thangka (scroll painting) depicting them. He then composed this prayer to accompany the image in 2001.
- The Prayer for the Wrathful Guru Takhyung Barwa from the Heart Essence of the Vast Expanse by Namkha Tsewang Chokdrup
A prayer to the lineage of Takhyung Barwa, a revelation of Jigme Lingpa (1730–1798) that combines the practices of Hayagrīva, Garuḍa and Guru Drakpo, and is renowned for its capacity to subjugate negative forces and cure disease.
- The Swift Infusion of Blessings: A Lineage Prayer for the Single Mind Kīla Heart-Practice, Part of the 'Neck Pouch Dagger’ (Purba Gulkhukma) Cycle by Fourteenth Dalai Lama
Yumka Dechen Gyalmo
- The Source of Accomplishment, the Fruit of the Two-Fold Truth—A Prayer to the Wisdom Ḍākinī Dechen Gyalmo by Dodrupchen Jigme Trinle Özer
- The Shower of Great Bliss: A Prayer to the Lineage of the Female Awareness-Holder (Yumka) by Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo
- The Garland of Utpala Flowers: A Prayer to the Masters of the Lineage of Zabtik Drolchok by Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo